Saturday, January 30, 2010

Some Great New Items

Just a little update concerning some new merchandise. It's great to get a few new items posted and not just renew the others or relist ones that have sold.

As part of my "more holiday merchandise" resolution, I just knitted this gorgeous Valentines Kitten Cowl in Ruby Pink.



This yarn is so impossibly soft, it feels like a new kitten, silky and irresistible. You just want to wrap it around your neck the way you put a kitten under your chin when you give it a good cuddle. I found this yarn at a local vintage and thrift shop that I just adore. The best part about buying some of my supplies from them is that all the money from the store supports housing and food charity work in this country and many others. Even all their employees are volunteers and work for free! How wonderful is that?

Next up is my new Charcoal Teddy Bear Beanie. This hat was knitted as part of my first wholesale order (more resolutions that I'm actually sticking to!) to the boutique I mentioned in an earlier post. I just love the way it turned out.



The customer requested that I leave the tassels off for concerned parents. Personally, I prefer the tassels, but I think the hat looks just as cute without them. This hat is a medium weight and super soft with all that gorgeous "fur" fuzzing it up.

Another hat that's a part of the wholesale order is this wonderful Chocolate Brown Bear Teddy Bear Beanie.



Also knitted without the tassels, but still adorable. I also knitted these two teddy bear hats with slightly shorter ears and I really like the way they turned out. The beautiful acrylic yarns all go so well together and were made by the same manufacturer. I love using yarns made by the same company for a project like this because you get great continuity with the color.

I'm sure you noticed that I'm not using one of my usual adorable models (my kids), but that's because this hat is knit in a large infant/smaller toddler size and both my kids have heads way too big to fit. I know, I've really got to get access to some tiny tots for these size hats!

So, that's what's new today. I have another hat I have to edit the pictures for before I can post it, but I think I'll save that for another post.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

1 comment:

  1. the bear beanies are so adorable! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin